Requirements for Admission to the WKU MBA Programs
The admission process for the MBA program at Western Kentucky University involves the following steps and requirements*:
Completion of graduate application form, a current resume with two references listed (email to email@example.com), submission of an official undergraduate degree transcript from each university attended and an official copy of a GMAT score taken within the last five years.
- Applicants seeking admission must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum undergraduate overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum overall GMAT score of 500 and a written GMAT score of 3.5. GAP Admissions Exception: Applicants not meeting above standards may be considered on a case-by-case basis if the applicant has a GAP score of 1100 or more (GMAT total scaled score plus the overall UGPA multiplied by 200).
- The GMAT requirement will be waived for students who:
- Already possess a doctoral degree (MD, JD, DO, DDS, PharmD, PhD, EdD, etc.) or those who have completed and passed all sections of the CPA exam; OR
- Have earned a bachelor's degree with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher in a business program in the Gordon Ford College of Business at WKU or other AACSB accredited program (effective Fall, 2017).
Applicants for the Professional MBA option may use substantial professional work experience ( five years minimum of professional or mid to upper level management experience) to substitute for other admission criteria
We want MBA students to be prepared for course success. Applicants need to have a business degree completed in the last 6 years from a college of business which is AACSB accredited. However, applicants who do not have such a recent business degree can become well-prepared for the curriculum by
- Successfully completing BA 502 MBA Foundation Modules, or
- Successfully completing one or more preparatory courses as specified by the MBA Director.
*These minimum requirements establish eligibility for admission, but do not guarantee acceptance.
Additional Information regarding transferring in courses:
- Graduate students from outside the MBA program may be allowed to take up to 6 hours of MBA (BA) courses. Students seeking admission to these classes must be approved in advance by the MBA office.
- Graduate students seeking a certificate housed in the MBA department (BA courses in
"Business Sustainability" or "Business Core Competencies") are allowed to take the
courses within the certificate.
- Students neither admitted to the MBA program nor applying for a certificate in Business Sustainability (or Business Core Competencies) will not be allowed to take more than 6 BA hours.