- Professor, (VPAL) Visual and Performing Arts Library Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 207 Cravens
- Phone Number: 270-745-6119
Katherine Pennavaria is a Professor and Coordinator of the VPAL (Visual and Performing Arts Library, Department of Library Public Services). She joined the WKU Libraries in October 2000 as the Glasgow Campus Library Coordinator. As the Coordinator of the Visual & Performing Arts Library, her duties include:
- Supervise library services and staff (2 full-time and 3 part-time).
- Establish policies and procedures for the VPAL.
- Offer general and specific reference service, including bibliographic instruction and faculty/student orientation.
- Perform liaison duties for the departments of Art, Music, Interior Design + Fashion, and Theater + Dance.
- Do collection development for the LC ranges housed in the VPAL (Art, Music, Interior Design + Fashion, and Theater + Dance).
- Maintain currency of the monographs (circulating and reference) housed in the VPAL.
- Maintain library records, including personnel and materials.
- Attend regular meetings of the DLPS faculty/general library staff as called by the Department Head and Dean.
- Serve on WKU Libraries and University committees as called for by the Department Head and Dean.
- Publish relevant research in areas of scholarly interest.
- Present original research at professional meetings.
Katherine's research interests include genealogy, library history and the role of librarians as teachers.