One-on-One Research Consultations and Classroom Instruction
Our subject specialist librarians offer:
- Course-related library instruction sessions
- Customized instructional handouts and research guides
- Online tutorials
- Individual research consultations for students and faculty
Library instruction is based on the Association for College and Research Libraries' Framework for Information Literacy and can cover any of the following topics:
- Learners will locate University Libraries’ physical and online collections and services.
- Learners will develop effective search strategies for finding a variety of sources.
- Learners will distinguish among different types of information sources and select those most appropriate for their needs.
- Learners will evaluate sources for quality, relevant, and authority.
- Learners will recognize that scholarship is a conversation in which meaning is created and debated and apply that concept to how they find and evaluate information.
- Learners will identify the steps of the academic research process and how to apply them.
Citation & Plagiarism
- Learners will use information ethically by differentiating between their ideas and the ideas of others.
- Learners will identify when, how, and why to reference their sources.
If you would like to request an instruction session with a librarian or discuss workshop options please fill out the form below. A librarian will respond to your request within 2 to 3 working days.