WKU Libraries has a variety of options for copying or scanning throughout the Helm-Cravens Library, the Educational Resources Center, and the regional libraries in Elizabethtown, Glasgow, and Owensboro. Some materials in the Kentucky Library & Museum may also be copied or scanned. Copiers will make enlargements and reductions from 50% to 200%. Both letter and legal size paper is available.
Copiers cost 10 cents per page. Although the circulation and reference desks cannot provide change, there is a change machine for $1 and $5 bills near the copier on the 4th floor of Cravens.
Copiers are available in the following locations:
- Cravens Library 4th Floor, Circulation Area (between the Circulation desk and the elevator).
- Cravens Library 2nd Floor, Visual & Performing Arts Library (VPAL).
- Helm Library 1st Floor, Reference Center (adacent to the Confucius Institute/Chinese Learning Center).
- Helm Library 2nd Floor, Periodicals Section (on the walkway between the 2nd floor of Helm and the 5th floor of Cravens).
- Helm Library Basement, Government Documents & Law Collection (located in the Law Collection).
- Educational Resources Center (ERC), Ransdell Hall.
- Elizabethtown Regional Library.
- Glasgow Regional Library.
- Owensboro Regional Library.
- Kentucky Library (2nd Floor). Unless their fragility prohibits, most items in the Kentucky Library may be photocopied. Photocopies cost ten cents per page. To arrange for publication quality reproductions, consult a member of the staff.
Large-size Scanner in the VPAL
Need to use a scanner? Use our walk-up KIC scanner in the Visual & Performing Arts Library on the 2nd floor of Cravens Library. The scanner can handle books, magazines, journals, newspapers, photos, or other material from postage stamp size up to 17 x 24 inches. With a choice of resolutions up to 600 dots/inch, the scanner can handle intricate artwork.
You can scan in black and white, grayscale, or full color. Images can be saved in jpg, png, or pdf formats. The files can be emailed or saved to a flash drive.
For more information about the KIC Scanner, ask for assistance in the VPAL.
Copy Services for Faculty and Staff
WKU faculty and staff may drop off library materials at the circulation desk in Cravens or order them through Document Delivery. For more information, see our Special Services for Faculty.
- AskUs! (Reference Services)
- Access Services
- Educational Resources Center
- Electronic Information Resources
- Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox Library
- Extended Library Services
- Glasgow Library
- Government Documents | Law
- Interlibrary Loan
- Information Literacy
- Owensboro Library
- Reserve Materials
- Visual & Performing Art Library
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,