VOLUNTEER AT THE HARDIN PLANETARIUM
We are looking for:
We provide Volunteer Training in stages, and it will include COVID safety.. Most volunteers start as Audience Assistants (the first listed in the below section). Volunteers who demonstrate responsibility and aptitude may be trained for other positions.
Greeting, welcoming, and interpreting museum exhibits for visitors; giving support to presenters during free public shows
Help with the daily operation of the Planetarium, supporting presenters during free school shows; greeting, and interpreting Ring Museum exhibits for visitors; and working the office
Run technical equipment during shows, operate the digital star computer, the sound system, the Star Chamber lighting, and the central console computer
Help in developing new shows, and create new scripts for existing shows.
Delivering our shows to the public and school audiences.
Specialists and General Helpers:
Occasional help with specific tasks like designing exhibits, installing new technical equipment, or just getting ready for a big event
I AM READY TO VOLUNTEER!
- Click the image on the left (it's a link) and create a login and password
- Email us at email@example.com
We provide training sessions on an ongoing basis. If you would like to be a part of the volunteer staff, but are not able to participate immediately, email us anyway so we can keep in touch.
1) Along State Street
2) Two spots in the lot between Ogden College Hall and Kelly Thompson Hall
3) College Hill Lot, up College Heights Blvd. on the right
4) Chestnut Street North Lot, at the corner of Chestnut and 14th Ave, two blocks from the Planetarium
Wheelchair Accessibility: A ramp from State St. provides access to the building's main floor. The below lots are only available on weekends or after 4:30 PM.
1) Two spots in a tiny lot behind the building, at the end of a driveway from State St. That lot is lower than the building, so it is an uphill climb.
2) Three spots in the lot between Ogden College Hall and Kelly Thompson Hall.
3) The large parking lots on top of College Heights Blvd. The path from there is down hill.