What is Engineering Technology (ETM)?
Technology is defined as any tool or operating system designed to improve the efficiency, quality and competitiveness of an organization. Engineering Technology Management (reference number 5007) at Western Kentucky University is a 2+2 program designed specifically for students who currently hold a certificate or associates degree from a technical school, two-year college or 4 year institution. This program was formally known as Technology Management (Reference Number 575).
Why ETM at WKU?
The ETM program is a capstone program for transfer students that provides a two-year management emphasis for those working toward a supervisory position in industry. Graduates are empowered to obtain a position of leadership in business, industry or workforce development in support of innovation and global competitiveness.
Engineering Technology Management - Program Coordinator
- Phone Number:270-745-4514
- EST 106
MS, Industrial Management, Murray State University
BS, Industrial Education, Western Kentucky University
Specialty Avg. Salary Technology Educator $51,910 Industrial Plant Manager $89,190 Systems Manager $120,950
- Some local companies that hire ETMs: Carpenter Company
- Technology managers may face a complex spectrum of job duties, including supervision of a wide array of technical personnel, design and deployment of computer and other technological systems, project management, production and operations management, evaluation of technology value, and safety and quality control oversight.
- Management of accounting
- Management of organizational behavior
- Managing innovation and technical change