Worksite Health Promotion Professional Certificate
This online noncredit Worksite Health Promotion Certificate is designed for students and professionals interested in running a workplace health promotion program. This certificate will provide training in skills needed to run a results-oriented program and exposes participants to evidence-based procedures for designing programs that produce positive health outcomes, higher productivity and lower absenteeism.
This certificate program will provide a comprehensive skill base for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs in a worksite environment, as well as effective communication and marketing techniques.
About Your Instructor
Dr. Cecilia Watkins, PhD, CHES, is an Associate Professor in Public Health at Western Kentucky University and brings 20 years of experience in teaching and worksite wellness promotion to this program. She was Wellness Director for the DuPont employee wellness program in Chattanooga, TN and currently serves on the Kentucky Public Health Association Board of Directors and the State of Kentucky Worksite Wellness Task Force. Dr. Watkins also participates in several other committees and research surveys promoting a healthy workplace.
- Integrate the program into the company’s mission and create a "healthy culture"
- Assess the worksite for appropriate health data and employee needs
- Design best-practice programs
- Apply effective communication & marketing techniques
- Maintain relevance of the health promotion program as business needs change
- Cost: $999
- 100% Online
- Self-paced! Start the program when you want and complete at your own pace up to nine months.
- Participants will complete a wellness worksite project throughout the course
Who Should Register
- Worksite wellness professionals
- Benefit managers
- Human resource staff
- Others who are responsible for developing and administering worksite wellness programs
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,