Master of Science in
Want More Information?
Fill out our quick inquiry and a helpful representative will contact you.Request More Information
Contact: Amy Fitzpatrick
Master of Science in Athletic Administration
Western Kentucky University’s Master of Science in Recreation and Sports Administration with a concentration in Athletic Administration and Coaching is a 100% online degree program. This cohort goes beyond theoretical instruction and provides knowledge, skills, and professional expertise in the fields of athletic administration and coaching. This program is designed to prepare athletic professionals for the leadership skills required as both disciplines in coaching and athletic administration grow.
The program is characterized by:
- A format that is designed for a specific number of students (cohort) to move through the program coursework together, taking the same classes and building peer relationships;
- Courses that are offered 100% online;
- Sequencing that outlines a sure path to degree attainment, guaranteed placement in classes, and additional admissions and registration services;
- Curriculum that offers both theoretical and practical application with respect to legal, fiscal, ethical, and foundational contexts to athletic administration;
- Faculty that bring formal education and personal experience.
The 100% online Master of Science in Recreation and Sport Administration with a concentration in Athletic Administration and Coaching Cohort Program was designed to meet the demands of working sport professionals. This web-based program is targeted to highly motivated individuals and will allow students the ability to increase their understanding of the field of athletic administration without altering their personal and professional schedules. Emphasis is placed on preparing individuals for the ever changing economic, political, legal, and marketing concerns that are a part of the sport industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Further their knowledge through an application based course structure designed to enhance skills and competencies in athletic administration and coaching;
- Utilize current working problems within the profession in order to assess solutions to established needs;
- Build a professional networking base that allows for the sharing of issues and problems in order to integrate a logical problem solving paradigm in the solution process.