Master of Science in Recreation & Sport Administration (Athletic Administration & Coaching Concentration)
Western Kentucky University’s Master of Science in Recreation and Sports Administration with a concentration in Athletic Administration & Coaching is a 100% online degree program. This cohort provides an opportunity for persons interested in Interscholastic (K-12) Athletic Administration & Coaching to gain knowledge, research and experience. Designed to prepare individuals for the leadership skills required as both disciplines in coaching and athletic administration grow, this program goes beyond theoretical instruction and provides knowledge, skills, and professional expertise. If you are a Kentucky teacher, please note that this program does not currently work for rank change or promotion.
The program is characterized by:
- A format that is designed for a specific number of students (cohort) to move through the program coursework together, taking the same classes and building peer relationships;
- Courses that are offered 100% online;
- Sequencing that outlines a sure path to degree attainment, guaranteed placement in classes, and additional admissions and registration services;
- Curriculum that offers both theoretical and practical application with respect to legal, fiscal, ethical, and foundational contexts to athletic administration;
- Faculty that bring formal education and personal experience.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Further their knowledge through an application based course structure designed to enhance skills and competencies in athletic administration and coaching;
- Utilize current working problems within the profession in order to assess solutions to established needs;
- Build a professional networking base that allows for the sharing of issues and problems in order to integrate a logical problem solving paradigm in the solution process.