What are Construction Managers (CMs)?
Construction management is a professional service that uses specialized, project management techniques to oversee the planning, design, and construction of a project, from its beginning to its end.
Why CM at WKU?
WKU's CM program is special for its small class sizes and emphasis on applied research opportunities. Our project based curriculum will allow students to work on real problems while gaining practical skills that will be applicable to their workplace upon graduation.
- Median BS Construction Management Salary: $60,204
- Some local companies that hire CMs:
- Many construction managers have a main office, but spend most of their time working out of a field office at a construction site, where they monitor the project and make daily decisions about construction activities. The need to meet deadlines and respond to emergencies often requires construction managers to work many hours.
- The field of construction management is one that is very dynamic
- Planning buildings and finding the specifications needed for buildings
- Being able to find whether a building plan is safe for the people who may inhabit it
- Ability to manage and lead a team of construction works on a job site