WKU Career Development
CAREER DEVELOPMENT INFORMATION
The Advising and Career Development Center promotes student success by empowering undergraduate students to take responsibility for achieving their academic, career, and personal goals. The ACDC, in collaboration with both campus and community partners, provides accurate and timely educational resources to ensure students will graduate fully prepared to pursue meaningful careers and lives.
Want to chat with a Career Coach?
Use our Drop-In Career Studio Zoom Video Chat Waiting Room, open Monday-Thursday from 1 pm-4 pm.
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
- Click on this link: https://wku.zoom.us/j/761330360 (Download Zoom if necessary)
- Wait for a staff member to greet you!
- Please be patient in the waiting room as the Career Coach meets with students one at a time. They will keep you updated as you wait in line. Wait time is usually no longer than 10-15 minutes.
Tired of Zoom meetings? You can call 270-745-3095 or stop into the Career Studio in DSU 2001 Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Students, Alumni, and Employers
We are available to help in a variety of ways. Click here to connect.
What is Career Development
Career development is a lifelong process of exploration, education, and experience that begins the very first time you are asked the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
How Can WKU Career Development Help
Whether you've decided on your career or don't know where to start, the WKU Advising and Career Development Center is here to help by connecting you with the resources and skills you need to drive your career development.
Our free services include
- Exploration: Personality and skills assessments, career coaching, and job shadowing help you explore career options to find your best fit.
- Education: The ACDC offers presentations, resume reviews, and interview tips and practice to help you prepare for a professional environment.
- Experience: Access valuable opportunities to gain professional experience by attending our job fairs, seeking internships, and applying for full- or part-time employment.
How Do I Get Started
Contact our office in order to take control of your career development.
- (270) 745-3095
- Downing Student Union, Room 2001
AVOID JOB SCAMS
Fake job postings are often sent via email and look like they come from a legitimate source. Jobs that sound too good to be true should raise a red flag.
Want to ask if a job is real? Contact the ACDC at 270-745-3095 or CareerHelp@wku.edu