Southcentral Kentucky Blueways Project
Getting on the water.
The Southcentral Kentucky Blueways project is a resource to the rivers in Warren County Kentucky currently mapping out several access points on local waterways.
Warren County, KY has many miles of blueways / water trails and numerous public access points. The maps and other information on this website can be used to help plan your adventures on the waterways in Warren and adjacent counties.
Click on the following link to learn about the local WCPR 'River safety flag system' (PDF file).
Why do this?
The primary goals of this project include:
- Promote 'River Stewardship' and the utilization of 'Leave No Trace' ethics.
- Provide resources about access points and routes for canoeists, kayakers and motorized watercraft in Warren County, as well as areas in Allen, Butler, Edmonson, Logan and Simpson counties.
- Encourage the responsible use of Kentucky's waterways for recreation and education.
We all have a role to play in respecting and protecting our natural resources. Taking care of our local waterways will help ensure they are available and enjoyable.
Here are a few basic Leave No Trace principles to consider:
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors
Copyright Leave No Trace: www.LNT.org