5th Week Check-In
5th Week Check-In is an early alert system for all freshmen and sophomores at WKU. During the 5th Week of the semester, faculty teaching developmental, 100-level, and 200-level courses enter grades (either Passing or D/F) and attendance. Students can view their official reports on TopNet. Students are encouraged to check-in after their report is ready with their advisors, instructors, and residence life staff regarding academics, finances, and any other concerns. Faculty and staff can track their follow-up conversations regarding 5th Week in TopNet.
Fall 2017 Semester
5th Week entry will be available for faculty beginning 8am Friday, September 15 through 4:30pm Monday, September 25. TopNet and Infoview reports will be ready beginning on Tuesday, September 26.
5th Week Check-In Follow-Up
Advisors will kick-off 5th Week Check-In at Centennial Mall on Wednesday, September 27, from 1:30-4:30pm. All students are encouraged to check-in with an advisor at this event. See below from residence hall locations, days, and times.
5th Week Entry Instructions
5th Week Reports
5th Week in the Residence Halls
Aside from the kick-off event in Centennial Mall, advisors will also be available in residence halls the following dates/times:
Bemis and Barnes - Thursday, September 28, 1:30-4:30pm
PFT - Monday, October 2 and Tuesday, October 10, 1:30-4:30pm
McCormack and Rodes - Tuesday, October 3, 1:30-4:30pm
Keen and Poland - Monday, October 9, 1:30-4:30pm
Updates to 5th Week
- Instructors can view the total number of marks each student on their roster(s) has received for the semester under Faculty Services on TopNet.
- Advisors can view the total number of marks received by their advisees on the Advisees Eligible to Register screen on TopNet.
- The 5th Week Follow-up Comments have changed to reflect a comprehensive approach to
checking-in with students. Feel free to use the overall comments to guide your conversations
- Comments can be added for individual courses and/or overall follow-up.
- The alert buttons are still in place if:
- You are concerned a student is at serious risk of leaving WKU and requires additional intervention;
- You are unable to locate a student and concerned they are not attending WKU;
- The student needs to be connected to another office at WKU for immediate outreach.
- If you use an alert, you must include a detailed comment. All comments are protected under FERPA, so please keep the comments appropriate.
Contact Kassy Fineout Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,