Opportunities at CEBS
Welcome from the Dean
These are exciting times in the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences and we welcome you to become involved in the numerous opportunities and experiences provided by our faculty and staff. With a mission of “Empowering individuals to lead and serve our dynamic world,” we as members of the faculty and staff encourage students to become engaged in a variety of real world experiences in the classroom, in our local community, and across the globe. We live in an environment characterized by diversity. The knowledge gained and skills acquired in a variety of settings, including study abroad opportunities, will prepare you to positively impact those with whom you work. For both undergraduate and graduate students, the international experience is life changing. Faculty members and staff, along with students, are available to serve as mentors and value the relationships that develop during a student’s college experience at WKU.
I invite you to view the various websites across the college to gain an understanding of the numerous opportunities provided through our majors, organizations, and activities. Your success is important to us and we look forward to helping you achieve your career and educational goals.
CEBS Alumni News
- Muhlenberg County Educator Selected For Teacher Hall Of Fame.
- Dr. Julia Link Roberts given the Palmarium award by the Institute for the Development of Gifted Education at the University of Denver.
A Muhlenberg County educator has been selected for the eighth class of the Gov. Louie B. Nunn Kentucky Teacher Hall of Fame. The statewide selection committee has chosen Mary K. Armstrong of Central City for induction into the Gov. Louie B. Nunn Kentucky Teacher Hall of Fame. The 2015 induction ceremony is scheduled for Feb. 17 at the State Capitol in Frankfort.
CEBS faculty, Dr. Margaret Gichuru, Dr. Christina Noel, Dr. Anthony Paquin, and Dr. Kristin Wilson will be participating in the second annual Zuheir Sofia Endowed International Faculty Seminar (ZSEIFS) program.
- Student Teacher from Sweden complete their student teaching assignments at several local schools (10/9)
- GeoSphere Coming to WKU (10/9)
- Learning Analytics Seminar by Guest Speaker, Dr. Xiao Hu from University of Hong Kong (8/1)
- Ransdell visits ROTC students at Fort Knox (7/2)
- CEBS hosts the 2014 Young Male Leadership Academy Summer Camp (6/20; Video)
- GRREC expands to 40 school districts (6/17)
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,