The following workshops and programs are offered at Western Kentucky University:
- Jumpstart Seminars for National Board Candidates
- Renewal Seminar For All National Board Certified Teachers
- WKU Assessment Center Prep Workshops And Entry Reading Workshops For All National Board Candidates *
- Candidate Support Providers (CSP) Training *
WKU NBPTS PROGRAM FOR 2012-13
TAKE ONE! INFORMATION
Good news! WKU and NBPTS just finalized the details for the program WKU will offer for Take One! in the 2012-2013 assessment cycle. Priority consideration for participation in this program will be given to those in high needs schools and we like a minimum of 10 participants at each site but it is not mandatory. The program will have the following components:
- A $40 discount for each participant
- A $100 per participant subsidy (bringing the out of pocket cost to $255)
- A free webinar training to help prepare the site to support Take One!
- Facilitation and Candidate Support Services will be provided WKU
- Further information on the program, including registration procedures are forth coming.
Please let me know if your district is interested in participating.
FULL CANDIDATE INFORMATION:
- $1250 in federal subsidies are available for full candidates. In order to qualify, teachers must register and pay the first $500 of fees. The subsidy will appear on the MY PROFILE.
- There has been a temporary suspension of enrollments in the Teachers' National Incentive Trust Fund which includes mentoring (Candidate Support Program) for candidates. WKU strongly supports the NBPTS program and has supported candidates since 1995. Therefore, WKU will extend the program for candidate support and will provide mentoring services for candidates in a cohort model. Candidates who are interested in joining a cohort needs to contact Lynn Hines at email@example.com for more information.
Renewal Workshops are designed to help NBCTs getting ready to go through the process and for new NBCTs to develop a professional growth plan for the first ten years of certification.
The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) offers the Profile of Professional Growth for renewal of National Board Certification with the renewal period being ten years from the respective date of certification of each National Board Certified Teacher.
You must be in your eighth or ninth year of certification to begin the renewal process. However, it is advantageous to start planning and understanding the process as early as possible into your first 10 year certification period.