- KAP Services:
- Elementary Program
- Middle School and High School
- College and Circle of Support
- Post Secondary Employment
- Parent Support
- Autism Run
- KAP Kreations
- Support Sources
- KAP Videos
- News Releases
- Newsletter, Spring 2012 (pdf)
The Kelly Autism Program (KAP) is designed to provide services to individuals from the age of seven through adulthood, who have been diagnosed along the Autism Spectrum Continuum, as well as their families. KAP also serves as a training opportunity for future professionals in a variety of disciplines. KAP programming includes: elementary school, middle school, high school and post-secondary participants including higher education, vocational training, and job support.
To provide an educational, social and supportive environment so that individuals from the age of seven through adulthood who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder can achieve their potential as independent, productive and active community citizens. Our mission is to serve as one state and national model for comprehensive opportunities for these individuals and their families.
• Each individual’s right to educational support to maximize his or her potential.
• Each individual’s right to social and leisure/recreation opportunities to develop life-long interests and friendships.
• Each individual’s right to explore career opportunities to become full and productive citizens in the community.
• Each individual’s right to seek independent living with varying levels of support, and through consultation with the family.
• Each family’s right to support and assistance as they seek to provide their child with multiple opportunities to develop into independent and productive individuals in community life.
We Pledge To:
• Use ‘best practice’ strategies to provide educational, recreational, and employment opportunities to participants and families.
• Show respect and dignity for all individuals, families, race, creed and ethnicity.
• Always keep the individual/families best interest at the center of our practices.