The mission of the Vickie & Dan Renshaw Early Childhood Center (RECC) is to advance the development and learning potential of children of all abilities through early childhood services and hands-on training for students who will be future educators, therapists, and/or early childhood professionals. The RECC serves children with and without disabilities.
The Vickie & Dan Renshaw Early Childhood Center will provide opportunities for students to: work on interdisciplinary teams with trained health and educational professionals while providing services to young children in inclusive settings, increase community partnerships to address the needs of young children in our community, advance research to increase understanding of child development and effective educational practices for children with developmental delays and/or disabilities, and link community and university resources to address service gaps within our own community.
Programmatic Goals for Children:
• Children will develop acceptance of peers with disabilities and differing abilities.
• Children will use words/signs to communicate their wants/needs.
• Children will interact with peers and adults within the group setting.
• Children will follow the group routine and transition easily between activities.
• Children will learn to sit and attend to group activities, such as circle, snack, art, etc. in order to facilitate learning and to prepare them for school.
• Children will develop age-appropriate eating/drinking skills and try a variety of foods with different textures.
• Children will perform basic health/safety activities (hand washing, toileting, etc.)
• Children will follow basic classroom rules.
• Children will participate in and demonstrate enjoyment of a variety of sensory experiences in order to facilitate exploration and learning from the environment.
• Children will explore their environment through play and learn to assist with clean-up.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,