Information for Visitors to Van Meter Hall
We are pleased that you will be joining us for an event at Van Meter Hall, where we have accommodations for visitors of every need. From Handicap accessibility to directions and parking information, please find the information you seek through the helpful links below. Please feel free to contact us for further information or to make special needs arrangements.
DIRECTIONS FROM NORTH AND SOUTH I-65
1. Take Exit 26 off of Interstate 65.
2. Turn toward Bowling Green onto Cemetery Road.
3. Continue straight for three miles. Cemetery Road becomes Fairview Avenue. Continue going straight across 31-W Bypass. You will pass a fire station on your left. After passing the fire station, go through one traffic light and a stop sign, then turn left at the second stop sign onto College Street (this is a one-way street).
4. Stay on College Street through downtown Bowling Green and continue until you reach the top of the hill. College Street will dead-end at College Heights Boulevard at a statue of Henry Hardin Cherry. Turn right onto College Heights Boulevard.
5. Take an immediate left onto Hilltop Drive (at the pylon that reads "The Spirit Makes the Master."). Van Meter Hall will be the second building on your left.
IF YOU ARE TRAVELING ON THE WILLIAM NATCHER PARKWAY (from Owensboro):
1. Take Exit 7 (previously Exit 5) off the William Natcher Parkway for US-68.
2. Turn left off the exit ramp.
3. You will travel approximately 2 miles, go under a train trestle, and come to a stop light at University Boulevard.
4. Turn left on University Boulevard.
5. University Boulevard is a 4-lane road; get in the right-hand lane on the right side.
6. You will pass the baseball field, the football stadium, and the basketball arena (all on your right). Just past the basketball arena is a parking structure with a stop light next to it; turn right at this stop light heading into campus.
7. Turn left at the stop sign onto College Heights Blvd.
8. Go through a stop sign. Then take your second right onto Hilltop Drive, you will make a sharp right turn. Van Meter Hall will be the second building on your left after you turn.
If you plan to attend an evening or weekend event at Van Meter Auditorium, parking is available in lots surrounding the building, immediately across the street from Gordon Wilson Hall and Cherry Hall, and visitor parking is always available at an hourly rate in the Alumni Square Parking Garage, accessible from Kentucky Street and Alumni Drive. (Directions). See map below for details.
Please contact us if you will be traveling by bus with a large group and require accommodation for bus parking.
*Please note , WKU Parking and Transportation issues traffic violation citations for misuse of zoned parking lots during weekday events that take place between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. Citations are also issued for parking meter and handicapped space violations at all times, and for marked reserved parking spaces (during times listed on the posted signage). If you will be attending a weekday performance, we encourage you to use the Alumni Square Parking Garage, which offers visitor parking at an hourly rate.
Parking: Handicapped parking spaces are available with ramp access. Handicap spaces are located just outside Van Meter Auditorium around the side drive of the building with additional spaces just past the auditorium near the Garrett Conference Center and near the Colonnade.
The accessible entrance into Van Meter Hall is located on the ground level of the building in the tunnel beneath the main staircase leading into the building. Once inside, please follow the interior corridor for elevator access to the auditorium floors.
Restrooms are fully accessible and are equipped with braille signage, located on the 1st and 2nd floors
Wheelchair and limited mobility access and seating available inside.
For any additional special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note, food and/or drink of any kind is not permitted inside the auditorium. Van Meter Hall is also a non-smoking facility.