Upward Bound offers instruction in mathematics, foreign language, science, English literature, and English composition (separate courses). Upward Bound is currently seeking applications for an English Composition instructor.
Summer Instructor Application
English Composition Instructor
Instructors teach two, 60-minute sections for five weeks during the Upward Bound summer program. Courses are scheduled to be held on WKU's Main Campus. (Due to the COVID-19 situation, courses may be held online.) Students are rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The total instruction and planning time is approximately 40-50 hours. Salary will be determined by the instructor’s qualifications. Instructional dates are June 15-July 23.
Qualifications: Must have an earned Bachelor’s Degree. Must have experience teaching English composition at the high school or college level. Desire to work with high school students. Desire to see first-generation and low-income students succeed. Ability to adapt instruction to students with wide-ranging skill levels. Strong classroom management skills.
- Teach two, 60-minute sections for five weeks
- Collaborate with UB staff to plan course curriculum
- Create a syllabus with daily schedule
- Track and report student grades to UB staff weekly
- Work with UB staff to identify any academic challenges
- Be accessible to students immediately before and/or after class
- Participate in weekly staff meeting
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the online application and submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for any position. Applications received without a resume will not be considered.
Deadline for Applications: April 1, 2020