How Do I Apply?
Upward Bound is now accepting students for the 2020-2021 academic year.
If you meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply by following the steps below. All information provided is confidential. We can only serve 86 students and admission is selective. Completion of the application process does not guarantee admission into the program. You will be notified of the admissions decision shortly after submitting all application materials.
- Complete the online application with your parent/guardian. APPLICATION
- Ask a teacher or guidance counselor to complete the online recommendation form. RECOMMENDATION
- If you meet the minimum requirements, an Upward Bound counselor will schedule student and parent/guardian interviews.
- Be a high school student from the Allen, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, or Russellville districts.
- Demonstrate a need for services provided.
- Family must meet certain income guidelines and/or parents cannot have graduated from a four-year college.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- 2.25 grade point average
- Desire to attend college or vocational school after high school graduation.