Educational Talent Search 'Freshman Frenzy' Feb. 9
|Date: Thursday, January 31st, 2013||Return|
Educational Talent Search (ETS) at WKU will welcome high school freshmen and their parents from eight area counties to WKU’s South Campus on Feb. 9 for the annual “Freshman Frenzy” event.
The event will begin at 2:30 p.m. and end at 5 p.m. Freshman participants will learn about ways to start preparing for college now, while parents will learn how to keep their child on the path to higher education.
The event will include workshops by Peggy Crowe, Assistant Director of Residence Life at WKU, and a representative from the Academic Advising and Retention Center, as well as a panel of WKU students who will share their college experience and answer questions. For questions about the event, contact Cres’sena Manning in the ETS office at (270) 745-3757.
Students and parents also will have the option to attend the Hilltopper basketball game that evening against Arkansas State. Tickets will be handed out at 5 p.m. by ETS staff. Any additional family members attending Freshman Frenzy will be given a voucher to purchase a basketball ticket at a discounted price. Students must attend all workshops to receive a ticket.
Educational Talent Search is a Trio program that identifies and assists qualified students in eighth to 12th grade in preparing for college. ETS serves 850 students in the counties of Allen, Butler, Cumberland, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe and Monroe. The program is free to all participants.
The goal of the program is to increase the number of youths who graduate from high school and enroll in a postsecondary institution. Services include but are not limited to academic, career and financial counseling.
For information, contact the ETS office in Jones-Jaggers Hall on WKU’s main campus at (270) 745-3757; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Kayla Riley, (270) 745-4402.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
On Saturday (May 16), 61 students representing 37 counties from across Kentucky were recognized during The Gatton Academyís eighth graduation ceremony in Van Meter Hall.
Seniors Brian Carlson, Ben Guthrie, Paul Hudson, Ben Riley and junior Rohan Deshpande were members of the team who traveled to Washington, D.C. to compete at the 25th National Science Bowl.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,