WKU Innovation Campus
The Innovation Campus at Western Kentucky University is an intellectual hub that spurs innovative collaboration, promotes problem solving and nurtures talent to elevate the economy and the region. The Innovation Campus brings together industry partners, faculty and students to drive innovation and economic development in the region. The campus creates an environment where companies can engage meaningfully with researchers, students, start-ups and funders to tackle challenges that grow the strengths and diversity of our nation’s business community. The campus offers state-of-the-art labs and equipment, collaborative workspaces and access to expert faculty and resources. Through partnerships with companies and organizations, the Innovation Campus provides students with hands-on experience and career opportunities while helping businesses stay competitive by developing new technologies and solutions. The campus focuses on key areas such as advanced manufacturing, engineering and applied sciences, making it a hub for innovation and entrepreneurship in the region.
The WKU Innovation Campus is a 280,000 square-foot facility serving as the central hub for passion and creativity where people, ideas, and talent are connected to the business resources needed to support the region’s growing business ecosystem. The WKU Innovation Campus is more than a facility, it is the heartbeat providing life to research, emerging technology, economic development, cultural development and storytelling. Our goal is to create an environment where university students, staff and faculty can connect with entrepreneurs, industry leaders and business resources to create jobs and foster economic development.
Why choose the WKU Innovation Campus?
Choosing to locate your business at the WKU Innovation Campus comes with numerous advantages, which includes access to the following:
Connect with subject matter experts, research partners, potential employees and motivated students to make your business a reality.
From the amenities we offer to the culture we boast, the Innovation Campus is built on collaboration. The Collaborative SmartSpace is one way we encourage organizations to work together. Learn more about the member-based workspace.
Strategically located just 45 minutes north of the growing “Music City” Nashville and right off I-65, the Innovation Campus positions businesses in an ideal spot for collaboration, investment and opportunity.
Join our Community of Entrepreneurs and Innovators
"Innovation Campus really is a lighthouse to draw people to the region, to draw business to the region and to draw investment to the region." - President Timothy C. Caboni
By the Numbers
- Companies served by the WKU Innovation Campus have generated more than $2 billion in revenue in the past 5 years.
- Routinely, $10 million in private equity investments is raised annually by companies served by the WKU Innovation Campus.
- Over the past five years, the total client company payroll from companies served by the WKU Innovation Campus is more than $100 million. In the past year, payrolls increased by $8.8 million.
- The WKU Innovation Campus has supported companies in the region in the creation of more than 100 new jobs each year for the past 5 years. For instance, in the past year, net new job count associated with the Innovation Campus increased by 176 jobs.
- WKU Innovation Campus team members have worked with more than 500 businesses in the region over the past 5 years.
Stay up to date on all events, workshops and announcements at the WKU Innovation Campus by joining our mailing list.
To join our email list or learn more sign-up