WKU FCCN Mission Statement
Family Child Care Network of KY recruits and supports in-home care,
Elevating Family Child Care in KY
Family Child Care Specialists
The Family Child Care Network of Kentucky is comprised of an experienced and devoted group of Family Child Care Specialists who have been selected to visit and work with providers in their home (place of business). The Specialists will be there to support the provider and offer one-on-one technical assistance. The support offered varies from home to home and it is all individualized for each provider.
Some of the many services the Specialists will offer include:
- Recruiting new providers and extensive assistance to become regulated.
- Educational support including curriculum planning, learning environment, lesson planning, and family engagement planning.
- Guidance with health/safety issues.
- Assistance with all business and record-keeping practices.
- Linking providers to community resources and supports.
- Providing professional development/training sessions created specifically for family child care providers.
- Connecting providers with helpful resources.
- Conducting training and other networking activities between family child care providers.