Small Business Accelerator
Our mission is to institute and continually improve a value proposition designed to serve the unique needs of start-up and early stage companies. We strive to develop programs tailored to entrepreneurs and to establish strategic partnerships to support our clients by leveraging key local, regional and state business development resources.
The goals and objectives of the WKU Small Business Accelerator are to:
- Foster and support a growth-focused entrepreneurial community.
- Establish a reliable information-sharing network through strategic partnerships with regional entities that have mission overlap to assist emerging entrepreneurs and existing business owners grow their operations.
- Create and deliver streamlined programs, resources and services for our clients to leverage at all stages of business growth.
Capabilities & Services
The WKU Small Business Accelerator is a business incubator with accelerator-style services.
We provide a cost-controlled, professional environment offering high-end office and light manufacturing spaces to knowledge-based start-up and early stage companies.
Accelerator tenants and clients have access to a variety of business support services and assets to help their businesses grow and become financially viable. Our capabilities and services include but are not limited to:
- Business Development Consulting
- Shared Resources and Expertise
- Training and Professional Development Opportunities
- Professional Mentors and Networking
- Connections to Local, State and Federal Funding Options; and
- Access to Rapid Prototyping
The WKU Small Business Accelerator is designed to create optimal conditions for entrepreneurs and business owners to focus on growing their business and being successful in a highly competitive economy.
Since 2004, the WKU Small Business Accelerator has helped many clients and tenants successfully expand their business in our community and across the nation. Located in the Center for Research and Development on Nashville road, the WKU Small Business Accelerator is home to approximately 20+ startup companies.
Take a moment and watch our video to see how current and former clients have benefited from the Accelerator's invaluable resources and connections!