- NOW! - Faculty PD Program
- Fall 2015 - E&A Assessment
- Ongoing Faculty PD
- ENG 100/COMM 145
- ENG 300
- Connections Courses
- Online Resource Guide
- New Teaching Resources
- Calibrated Peer-Review
- Baseline Needs Assessment
- Annual SLO Assessment
- CCTST-N Instructions
AN ONLINE RESOURCE GUIDE FOR FACULTY
Teaching students the skills of evidence-gathering, sense-making, and argumentation is not new; faculty already address these concepts within their courses, and many likely have valuable teaching expertise and resources to share with others. In addition, faculty within WKU Libraries represent a valuable yet somewhat underutilized resource for the teaching of information gathering and information mastery.
E&A aims to better leverage these existing strengths, by working with faculty across the university to assemble, organize, and regularly update existing resources in an online resource guide that will be available to faculty and students as an aid to teaching and learning argumentation principles and skills. Specific initiatives are anticipated to include:
- Surveying existing teaching and learning resources utilized by faculty across the university;
- Working with faculty in WKU Libraries to promote the availability and expertise of library faculty to contribute to the teaching of information gathering and information mastery;
- Assisting WKU Libraries in enhancing existing subject research guides to focus on disciplinary practices for the integration of research sources appropriate for individual fields; and
- Collaborating with instructional technology specialist to develop an effective web-based presentation of available resources, expertise, and contacts.
Want to be involved in this initiative? Send us an email.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,