Office of Student Support Services
Are classes giving you some trouble? Looking for FREE tutor support? Have an outstanding bill? Need to find some SCHOLARSHIPS? Looking to apply to GRADUATE SCHOOL? TRIO SSS can help with all this & MORE!
Student Support Services is one of the original three TRIO programs, along with Educational Talent Search and Upward Bound. SSS was first funded at WKU in 1980. The program serves 225 participants annually. Since the program's first funding year, over 1000+ program participants have earned degrees. Undergraduates with academic potential and motivation who also meet Federal income and first generation guidelines are eligible.
Some Of Our Services:
- Academic Advising
- Free Tutoring
- Free Printing
- Peer Intrusive Advisors
- Financial Literacy Education
- Assistance with FAFSA & Verification
- Academic, Career, Personal, and Graduate School Counseling
- Graduation Plans
- Cultural & Academic Activities
- Priority Registration: SSS participants register ahead of others of their grade level. This enables them to get the classes they want at the times they need. Regular participation is required.
Financial Assistance Opportunities:
- Scholarships: Five $400 scholarships are awarded annually to outstanding SSS participants.
- Grant Money: SSS students who receive Pell Grants may be eligible for additional grant money during their first two years.
- University Learning (IDST 199): Freshman participants take an SSS-only section of this class, taught by an SSS counselor.
- Disability Services: In coordination with the campus Student Accessibility Resource Center (SARC), qualified students may also benefit by SSS participation.