- Future Student Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about our Requirements
- NEW Guaranteed BSN Nursing Admission FORM - for High School Students with ACT Composite score of 23 or above
- Nursing Scholarships
- NEW APA Writing for Nursing Students
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Second BS/BA Degree Entry Option
- Registered Nurse to BSN
- Graduate Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Policies, Forms and Handbooks
Dr. Sonya House, Ed.D, RN
Office: Medical Center Health Science Complex
Research interests include predicting success of first year baccalaureate nursing students, incivility, as well as other issues pertaining to nursing education.
Sonya House is an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing at WKU. She received a BSN (2000) and MSN with an emphasis in Nursing Education (2007) from WKU. Dr. House received her Ed.D. in Educational Leadership with an emphasis in Postsecondary Leadership from Western Kentucky University (2013). She has taught at WKU in the BSN Program since 2007. Prior to beginning teaching, Dr. House worked in Medical-Surgical Nursing, Surgery, Public Health Nursing, and served as the Coordinator of Clinical Education in the BSN program at WKU.
Dr. House currently teaches Health Assessment, Health Assessment Lab, and Pathophysiology.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,