Nonprofit Administration Programs - Undergraduate minor
WKU offers students two undergraduate options in the Nonprofit Administration area:
- Nonprofit Administration minor
- Nonprofit Administration major concentration in the Recreation Administration program
Nonprofit Administration minor
The minor in Nonprofit Administration (reference number 422) prepares students for careers in, and service to, the nonprofit sector. Students take courses from several departments and programs of study to gain needed nonprofit competencies and experiences.
This minor consists of 21-24 hours including the following required courses:
- REC 220 Understanding the Nonprofit Sector
- MGT 333 Mgt of Nonprofit Organizations -or- PS 340 Public Administration
- REC 402 Fiscal Practices -or- SPM 402 Fiscal Practices -or- ACCT 200 Financial Accounting
- REC 460 Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
- REC 496 (150-300 hours of internship experience for 3-6 credit hours) Nonprofit Internship
Electives: Students will select two or more courses (totaling up to 6 credit hours) from the approved list (see program information sheet) or other courses approved by the program coordinator.
No more than 15 hours from any prefix may be used to fulfill the minor requirements.
For more information about the minor, please contact Dr. Ron Ramsing