National Board Certification Programs
WKU NBPTS PROGRAMS – Spring 2018
Workshops and programs offered at Western Kentucky University to support National Board Candidates.
The following workshops and programs are offered at Western Kentucky University for Spring 2018:
- WKU NBPTS Entry Review Sessions for Initial Certification Candidates©
- WKU Renewal Entry Review Sessions
If you have questions about any of these programs, please feel free to contact Lynn Hines at Lynn.Hines@wku.edu.
WKU NBPTS Entry Review Sessions for NBCT Initial Certification Candidates and NBCT Renewal Candidates©
Entry Review Sessions provide a forum for National Board Candidates to receive feedback from National Board Certified Teachers. We are currently providing support services in face-to-face sessions and reading entries submitted through email.
- Face-to-face sessions will be held at Bowling Green High School February 10, March 3, and April 14, 2018 from 9 am (CT) to 1 pm (CT) for both initial and renewal candidates. Fee: $35.00 (free to candidates who attended the WKU Jumpstart in September 2017) Registration Link
- A NBCT will electronically read and review each entry providing feedback. Allow at least a week for results. If requested, a face-to-face meeting or a SKYPE session will be scheduled after the review is completed. Fee: $35.00 (free to candidates who attended the WKU Jumpstart in September 2017) Registration Link
What should be submitted for electronic or face-to-face reviews of entries?
Contextual factors form
Commentary that has been annotated with the following;
- Type the questions being answered
- Highlight all analytical comments
- Send any paper evidence required for the entry
- If possible, send video(s) required for the entry
The above items are as much for your benefit as for the reviewer. It is a form of self-check for you. Also, refer to rubric (s) provided by NBPTS as you self-check. Reviewers will be doing the same.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,