The role of Educational Technology is to provide educational hardware, software, and technical expertise so that faculty are able to incorporate instructional technology into their instruction, students are able to learn with and about instructional technology, and public school personnel and others may preview a wide variety of instructional technology in a single location.
The Educational Technology Center located in Gary A. Ransdell Hall 2055 and 2056 houses hardware and software for technology rich instruction. The center may be used by faculty and / or students for instruction and may be used by faculty and students and others to experience instructional technology. The center is home to two state-of-the-art electronic classrooms and provides access to various software applications.
The following equipment is available for use in the Educational Technology Center :
- Technology Classrooms:
- instructors' station which allows control of, projection to, and viewing of student stations
- projection equipment that will project from instructors' station and/or student stations
- a wide range of productivity and educational software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, simulations, and instruction
- Scantron Scoring Unit (for scoring exam sheets)
- Computers (These computers are available on a walk in basis when a technology classroom is not being used for instruction)