Research in the Doctorate of Physical Therapy
Research in the Department of Physical Therapy:
- Research focused on physical therapist differential diagnosis and screening for referral.
- Effects of orthotics on postural stability of adults
- Effects of orthotics on postural stability and weight shift of children with Down Syndrome
- Professional development of DPT students as a result of service work
- Prevalence of congenital anomalies of the nervous system
- Systematic review motor profile of Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum
- Effects of Special Olympics on people with disabilities over the lifespan.
- Pediatric wheelchair and orthotic use, as well as motor learning in persons with intellectual disabilities
- The utilization of the Special Olympics Young Athletes Program to facilitate gross motor skill acquisition in 2-7 year-old children with intellectual disabilities.
- Physical assessment and measurement studies including extremity strength and ROM testing
- Determining the amount and quality of personal financial education DPT Programs provide their students due to the expected impact these financial stressors have on graduate students and young professionals
- Effects of stretching on athletic performance as well as exercise/stretching and its effects on balance and postural stability