Executive Master of Health Administration
Health Care Administration is an ever-changing field of study that requires well-rounded leaders and innovators to manage the challenges in the health care world. Administrators are responsible for coordinating and organizing the delivery of care while staying in touch with consumers’ needs. The Executive Master of Health Care Administration Program at WKU allows health care professionals the opportunity to strengthen their education with a unique and flexible schedule.
What makes the program appealing to so many professionals is its structure, which enables you to gain all this new expertise without giving up your job or lifestyle for your education. Created to meet the needs of busy executives, the program curriculum requires you to visit the classroom only three times per semester. Yet, you are able to complete the degree in two years. The majority of the coursework will be completed through online distance learning, which makes attaining your M.H.A. easier than ever.
Upon completion of the Executive M.H.A. at WKU, you will have gained:
• Skills that will separate you from your peers, and also expansion of career and professional opportunities.
• Management skills in specific areas related to all aspects of your career.
• Decision-making skills.
• Knowledge for a practical setting that will enable you to quickly and efficiently master and apply the latest industry strategies.
• The ability to lead and inspire individuals in your respective organizations.
Your Future as a Leader
Your experience as a health care professional has prepared you to become a leader. The WKU Executive M.H.A. Program will be a catalyst to your future leadership role. The experience at WKU will give you the necessary separation from the competitive health care job market.
To learn more about the program’s benefits, curriculum, and opportunities, please visit the Cohorts Program website.
To qualify for the Executive MHA Program, applicants must have at least 5 years of work experience in the healthcare field. Healthcare executives who meet this requirement, including physicians, nurses, and other practitioners as well as administrative professionals are encouraged to apply. Interviews shall be conducted on a case-by-case basis in the admission decision of healthcare professionals with less than five years of work experience to gather evidence of achievements and success in healthcare position(s) held. There is no Graduate Record Examination (GRE) requirement for applicants who meet Executive MHA admission criteria.
Applications must be made in two stages: The first stage includes submission of application materials to the Executive MHA Program. The second stage of the application requires submission of materials for admission into The Graduate School, Western Kentucky University. Only applications that have fulfilled application requirements for both EMHA Program and The Graduate School will be considered complete.
Part 1: Materials to be submitted to the EMHA Program
(1) Completed and (Electronically) Signed Executive MHA Application and Prerequisite Course Worksheet The application should be submitted electronically by clicking the "Submit Form" button located on the top right hand corner of the PDF file.
(2) Current resume with details of positions held and a personal statement should attached to this email: Resume and Personal Statement
(3) Two letters of reference from immediate supervisors in the two most recent positions held should be sent to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 2: Materials to be submitted to the WKU Graduate School Office
If determined eligible for EMHA after a review of materials under Part 1, the applicant shall be required to:
(1) Apply to the WKU Graduate School: http://www.wku.edu/graduate/ Click on APPLY NOW
(2) Submit official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
(3) Pay The Graduate School Application Fee
For more information, please contact:
Dr. William Mkanta
Associate Professor and Director, EMHA Program
Department of Public Health
Phone: (270) 745-5260; Fax: (270) 745-4437
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,