Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (564)
The Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a health and human sciences related career
The program is an interdisciplinary program with three primary purposes:
1) Allowing students with a general interest in Health Sciences to pursue a B.S. degree while obtaining a concentration in a specific area of Health and Human Services.
2) Permitting students to prepare for post-graduate or professional Health Sciences programs.
3) Providing an option for students with a health-related associate's degree who wish to continue their education field (approved by the Health Sciences Advisor).
- 38-41 core Health Science credit hours are required, including a required concentration ranging from 24-27 credit hours.
- Students pursuing the major are required to select one of the following degree tracks:
- Preparatory Health Sciences Concentration
- Health and Social Welfare Concentration
- Associate’s Degree in a health field (approved by the Health Sciences Advisor)
Required core courses:HMD 211 PSY/S 100 or PSY/S 220 BIOL 113 or BIOL 120/121 or BIOL 131 CHEM 105/106 or CHEM 109 or PHYS *** AH 290 PE 310 or PE 311 or PE 313 MATH 183 or PH 383 or SOCL 300 or BIOL 382 or STAT 301 or PSY/S 313 PH 384 PH 381 PH 447 or PHIL 322 or PHIL 323 or MGT 305 or SWRK 433 HCA 340 HCA 446/447 or CIS 243 or CIS 321 HCA 441 or HIM 225 or MGT 200 or MGT 301
- Any substitutions for these classes must be approved through the Health Sciences Program Coordinator.
- Students must maintain a "C" or better in each course in the major.
- In accordance with university policy, an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better must be attained upon completion of required curriculum.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,