To request a reprint (PDF) please email Dr.Wininger the reference for the preferred article.
Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Blom, L. C., Wininger, S.R., & Zakrajsek, R. (2010). Coaches’ Perceived Knowledge of the National Standards for Sport Coaches: Insights into Coach Development. Journal of Coaching Education, 3(3), 19-36.
- Wininger, S.R., & Gieske, D. (2010). Measure of Attentional Focus: Cognitive Interviews and a Field Study. Athletic Insight, 2(2), 125-146.
- Wininger, S.R., & Green, J.M. (2010). Effects of Hot vs. Cold Environment on Psychological Outcomes during Cycling. Athletic Insight, 2(3), 1-8.
- Wininger, S. R. & Rinne, A. N. (2010). An Examination of Sport Participation among Academically Gifted Students. Journal of Contemporary Athletics, 5, 1-??.
- Wininger, S. R., & White, T. A. (2008). The Dumb Jock Stereotype: To What Extent Do Student-Athletes Feel the Stereotype? Journal for the Study of Sports and Athletes in Education, 2, 227-237.
- Dyrlund, A. K., & Wininger, S. R. (2008). The effects of music preference and exercise intensity on affective variables. Journal of Music Therapy, 45, 114-134.
- Wininger, S. R. (2007). Self-Determination Theory and Exercise Behavior: An Examination of the Psychometric Properties of the Exercise Motivation Scale. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 19, 471-486.
- Wininger, S. R. (2007). Improvement of affect following exercise: Methodological artifact or real finding? Anxiety, Stress, & Coping, 20, 1-10.
- Dyrlund, A. K., & Wininger, S. R. (2006). An Evaluation of Barrier Efficacy and Cognitive Evaluation Theory as Predictors of Exercise Attendance. Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research, 11, 133-146.
- Wininger, S. R. (2004). Predicting females’ attendance for step-aerobics classes. Recreational Sports Journal, 28 (1), 19-30.
- Wininger, S. R., & Pargman, D. (2003). Assessment of Factors Associated with Exercise Enjoyment. Journal of Music Therapy, 40(1), 57-73.
- Wininger, S. R. (2002). The anxiolytic effect of aqua aerobics in elderly females. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 94(1), 338-340. Reprinted in S. W. Huck, 2004, Reading Statistics and Research (4th ed.) (pp 2-13). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Wininger, S. R. (2002) Instructors’ and classroom characteristics associated with exercise enjoyment by females. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 94(2), 395-398.
- Wininger, S. R., & Norman, A. D. (2010). Assessing Coverage of Maslow’s Theory in Educational Psychology Textbooks: A Content Analysis. Teaching of Educational Psychology, 6, 33-48.
- Wininger, S. R., & Kuhlenschmidt, S. (2009). Classroom Examination Practices in a Post Secondary Setting. Journal of Excellence in College Teaching, 20(3), 61-76.
- Derryberry, W. P., & Wininger, S. R. (2008). Relationships among textbook usage and cognitive-motivational constructs. Teaching of Educational Psychology, 3, 1-11.
- Rinn, A. N., & Wininger, S. R. (2007). Sport Participation among Academically Gifted Adolescents: Relationship to the Multidimensional Self-Concept. Journal for the Education of the Gifted, 31, 35-56.
- Wininger, S. R. (2007). Measuring marbles: Demonstrating the basic tenets of measurement theory. Teaching Statistics, 29, 57-59.
- Wininger, S. R. (2005). Using your tests to teach: Formative Summative Assessment. Teaching of Psychology, 32, 164-166.
- Wininger, S. R., & Norman, A. D. (2005). Teacher-Candidates’ exposure to formative assessment in educational psychology textbooks: A content analysis. Educational Assessment, 10, 19-37.
- Wininger, S. R. (1998). A social cognitive model for exercise enjoyment in females engaging in aerobic dance. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL.
- Wininger, S. R. (1995). The relationship between vision and athletic performance. Unpublished master’s thesis, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY.
- Wininger, S. R. (2007, November 21st). What should you think about while running? Podium Sports Journal.
- Wininger, S. R., (2004, Fall). About the OSP. OSP News.
- Kuhlenschmidt, S. & Wininger, S. R. (2004). What are the typical testing habits of WKU faculty? Teaching Spirit, 14(4), 1-2.
- Wininger, S. R. (1997, May). Making the transition to the collegiate classroom. The Athlete’s Advisor, 2(3), 3.
- Pankratz, R., Roberts, J., Wininger, S., & Norman, A. (2003). Kentucky’s non-graded primary program: The results of a reform strategy that failed to be fully implemented. (Project R305560198). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Education.
Studies in progress
- The effects of intensity level and expertise on attentional focus during exercise
- Future time perspective and exercise behavior
- Comparing the effects of two attentional focus strategies on exercise intensity
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,