PDC Capital Construction
Planning, Design and Construction leads the comprehensive approach to planning, design and construction excellence in creating a campus that is consistent with the vision of the President and Board of Regents of WKU. Our staff includes professionals from civil, mechanical, architectural and electrical engineering disciplines.
Planning, Design and Construction takes an integrated and sustainable approach to the long-term planning and management of the campus land, buildings and historic resources. We facilitate and support the decision making processes of Dr. Ransdell and the Board of Regents in these areas.
Planning, Design and Construction manages and directs the capital planning process by:
- Land and Facility Use Master Planning
- Managing selected Architectural and Engineering Design Consultants
- Historic and Environmental Preservation
- Sustainability Practices with eight LEED accredited professionals on staff
Each capital project is managed by an assigned project manager who serves as the Owner’s agent and manages and directs the project by guiding the WKU colleagues through the planning and design process, oversees the work of contracted architects and engineers and coordinates the input of campus stakeholders to ensure that facility designs are fully functional and meet campus standards. Throughout the project, the project manager provides management, technical, financial and support services as necessary to ensure cost-effective and timely completion of high quality construction.
We invite you to take a look at some of our projects:
- Augenstein Alumni Center
- Dero Downing Student Union Renovation
- Colonnade Restoration
- The Medical Center / WKU Health Sciences Complex
- Kentucky Street Apartments
- CSX Bridge / Railroad Overpass
- Grise Hall Lobby Renovation
- Normal Street Lighting Project
- CURRENT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT LISTING
Chandler Memorial Chapel
Planning, Design & Construction Parking Structure #1, Room 134 Western Kentucky University 1906 College Heights Blvd. #21091 Bowling Green, KY 42101-1091 Office: 270-745-8708 Fax: 270-745-2126 E-mail: PDC@wku.edu