Summer Invitational Application
1) If you have not already done so, read the Application Information page.
2) Fill out this form fully. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
3) In addition to submitting this form online, you will need to have your principal complete and submit "Page 3" of the application. To facilitate this, you may print "Page 3" for submission by mail, or you may direct your principal to the online version for electronic transmittal.
Pages 1 and 2
Our apologies for this odd format--one of the limitations of WKU's new web server.
1. If necessary and you are selected as a finalist, would you be willing to come to Western Kentucky University at your own expense for a personal interview with the Project staff?
2. If you are selected for the Project and decide to participate in our Outreach program (designed to provide paid in-service to schools and districts), do you agree to allow the Outreach office to act as your "booking agent" and make all arrangements?
Questions 3-7: Respond in a brief paragraph to each of the following questions.
3. Do you enjoy writing? What do you write?
4. What problems have you encountered in teaching students to write? How have you attempted to solve them?
5. Identify a standards-based unit you've taught that involved writing, one that satisfied both you and your students. What other units are you interested in designing?
6. Why do you want to be a participant in this year's WKU Writing Project? What do you think you could bring to the Project?
7. Describe a book you've read recently which has impacted your teaching.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,