1. Apply for admission into Western Kentucky University. Application form may be requested from:
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd.
Bowling Green, Kentucky, 42101
2. Meet with social work faculty advisor. Contact Dr. Dana Sullivan, BSW Director, in Academic Complex 211, or at (270) 745-5312 for assignment of an advisor.3. Complete the following pre-requisite courses:
ENG 100MATH 116 (must be completed prior to admission for social work majors at all regional campuses; may be completed as late as the first semester admitted to the major for social work majors at the Bowling Green campus only)
Psychology/Sociology (see below) One of each must be completed before admission and the second must be completed by the end of the first semester admitted to the major
PSY 100 or 199 (choose one)
SOC 100 or AGRI 108 (choose one)
Political Science and Economics (see below) One of each must be completed before admission
and the second must be completed by the end of the first semester admitted to the
ECON 150 or 202 or 203
4. Attain sophomore status (30 credit hours or more) by the time you are admitted to the program.
5. Attain a GPA of at least 2.5 (2.2 GPA for students enrolled at WKU prior to fall 2009).
6. Complete the BSW application process.
a. Fill out the first page of the application formb. Type an essay of 1-2 pages, double-spaced, describing your interest in social work and how you hope to
use your social work degree Essay Instructions.
c. Read the current BSW Handbook and sign off on the Handbook Agreement page
e. Submit application: Deliver to the BSW Program Director, Dr. Dana Sullivan, Academic Complex 211
email@example.com (270) 745-5313) or mail or fax application to:
Western Kentucky University
Department of Social Work (BSW Program)
1906 College Heights Blvd #11039
Bowling Green kY 42101-1039
Fax (270) 745-6841
7. Applications to the social work major should not be submitted until the semester prior to the desired semester for admission. For example, students wanting to be admitted for spring semester 2012 should apply during the fall semester of 2011.
8. Deadlines for submitting applications
November 1: for students wishing to begin the major in the following spring semester
April 1: for students wishing to being the major in the following fall semester
August 1: for students wishing to begin the major in the following fall semester but need to complete the prerequisite classes during the summer session
9. Following admission to the Program, it takes a minimum of five semesters to complete the sequenced program.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,