M.S. in Psychology
The Master of Science in Psychology program prepares students to pursue careers in business, research, or government settings, and/or to enter a doctoral program.
Two concentrations are offered:
For more information about each concentration, please visit the concentration webpages.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Psychology program should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have taken a statistics and research methodology course
- Have a background in psychology
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 with a 3.0 in psychology courses
Beyond these minimum requirements, selection is competitive.
How Do I Apply?
Applicants to the Master of Science in Psychology program should submit the following materials:
- Psychological Sciences Department Application Form
- Graduate School Application Form
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 1000-word personal statement describing professional interests and career goals (Note: Applicants to the Psychological Science concentration must identify one or more research mentors with whom they wish to work.)
- College transcripts
- GRE scores
Although there is no formal minimum GRE score requirement, admission is competitive. The average GRE scores of recently admitted students are approximately 153 (V) and 148 (Q). An interview may be requested for qualified applicants. Applications should be received by March 1st for priority consideration for Fall admission.
All application materials should be sent to the Graduate School:
Western Kentucky University
The Graduate School
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11010
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1010
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,