**IMPORTANT: Please be sure to pay special attention to step number 13 below. Failure to follow this step will result in a delay in processing your application and may result in your having to fill out another application.**
- Open a new online application.
- Under Graduate Admissions, select "Domestic and International."
- If this is your first time applying to WKU, create a new web application ID at application account creation. If you have previously applied to either graduate or undergraduate programs, please use your WKU ID (or web application ID) and PIN number to log in below. Click here to look up your WKU ID or reset your PIN.
- After you enter this information in, click "Login."
- Select "New" to create a new application.
- Enter in your name, citizenship information, "Yes" for "Are you seeking a degree?",
and the term you wish to apply for. Please be sure to select the appropriate term
or you will be required to submit a new application. Select "Continue" after this
- You will be sent to the Application Checklist screen.
- Click on "Primary Address" and enter your information into the fields and click "Continue."
- Enter your Personal Information on the next three screens.
- The first will ask you form your Social Security number, date of birth, e-mail address, citizenship information, ethnicity, and race. After you fill in these fields with your personal information, click "Continue."
- The next Personal Information screen will ask for military history, employment and certification information, and Graduate Assistantship request. Complete the fields with your personal information and select "Continue."
- The third Personal Information screen will require you to fill out information about previous names that you may have gone by, as well as previous college history and residency information. Complete the fields with your personal information and select "Continue."
- You will be sent to the Emergency Contact Information page next. Complete Complete
the fields with your personal emergency contact information and select "Continue."
- The Test Information will appear. Answer the questions regarding to the GRE and GMAT
and select "Continue." Please note that you will need to have the testing agency report scores directly to
WKU in order for your application to be complete if we do not already have them on
- The Previous College will appear. Enter information regarding the previous colleges
and universities that you have attended. You may need to look-up a college code to
enter the information in. You must supply transcripts for each college or university that you enter and have attended
if it is an institution other than WKU. After you complete this information, press
- You will then be taken to the "Planned Course of Study" screen, where you will be
- Are you seeking a degree or a planned program from WKU? Select "Yes"
- Category of study? Select the appropriate category of study. In the example below, this student would be seeking a Master's degree.
- Planned course of study? Select the program/major to which you wish you apply. In the example below, this student
is planning on applying to Biology.
- After completing this information select "Continue."
- On the "Additional Comments" page, provide any additional information that may be
useful for your application. Click "Continue."
- You will return to the Application Checklist. If you have completed all the necessary
sections, each section will have a check mark next to it, as seen below. Click "Application
- You will then be required to submit payment for the application if you are a first-time
graduate applicant. Select your method of payment: credit card or check/money order.
- Payment by credit card can be completed online. Enter the appropriate information and press "Submit."
- Payment by check or money order will need to be submitted to the Graduate School. Print this page and mail it, along with the check or money order to the address that appears on the screen.
Your application will not be complete until the Graduate School receives all required supporting documents. For degree seeking students, this varies based on department and program, so you should consult the Graduate Catalog for admission requirements. Some of the items that may be required for an application include:
- Transcripts from previously attended colleges
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Teaching certificate or copy of state licensure
- Statement of purpose/letter of intent/goals
- Letter of application
- References or reference letters
- Departmental applications
- Scholarly writing sample
- Admission survey
You may check your application status and missing required application materials by clicking here. Please wait 24 hours after you submit your application so that we can attach submitted documents to your application.
After you complete an online application, you will receive an email that identifies any missing application requirements. Once your application is complete, we will send it down to the department to which you applied for an admission decision. After an admission decision is made, you will be notified via email and postal mail, and this notification will contain directions on your next steps to register for courses.
If you have questions during the application, please feel free to contact us.