- Alternative Breaks
- Dynamic Leadership Institute
- High School Leadership Conference
- Leadership Trainings 2014
- WKU Leadership Conference
- Make A Difference Day
- National Volunteer Week
- Relay for Life
- St. Jude Up 'til Dawn
- United Way Efforts
- Volunteering in Progress - V.I.P.
- Weekend in the Woods
Forms & Applications
Celebrating a World With More Birthdays
American Cancer Society
2012 RELAY FOR LIFE OF WKU
October 26-27 @ L.T. Smith Stadium
What is the American Cancer Society RELAY FOR LIFE?
The American Cancer Society Relay for Life represents our hope that those lost to cancer will not be forgotten, that those who are battling cancer will be supported and that one day cancer will be eliminated. During Relay for LIfe, teams commit to keeping at least one member walking the track at all times...because cancer never sleeps.
- Celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer. The strength of survivors inspires others to continue to fight.
- Remember loved ones lost to the disease. At Relay, people who have walked alongside people battling cancer can grieve and find healing.
- Fight Back. We Relay because we have been touched by cancer and desperately want to put an end to the disease.
Here's how we're making a difference in the Mid-South:
We save lives by helping people everywhere take steps to prevent cancer or detect it early, when it's most treatable.
Whether it's the middle of the day or the middle of the night, we're in your corner around the clock to guide you through every step of your cancer experience. The American Cancer Society saves lives by helping people get well by providing information to help make decisions.
As the world's largest private source of cancer research funds, we support he best ideas of the brightest cancer researchers, who with each discovery are getting us closer to a world with more birthdays. To date, 46 scientists we have supported with research grants have gone on to win the Nobel Prize.
We work with lawmakers everywhere to make this world a healthier place to live, and we rally communities around the globe to join our fight.