The M.S. in Kinesiology program with a concentration in Exercise Physiology The Exercise Physiology concentration is offered on campus and includes lecture classes, seminars, and laboratory experience.
KIN 501 Research Methods
KIN 503 Advanced Motor Learning and Control
KIN 504 Advanced Exercise Physiology
KIN 515 Advanced Measurement and Evaluation
KIN 518 Advanced Statistics in Kinesiology
KIN 522 Advanced Exercise Testing and Prescription
Exercise Physiology (on campus): The Exercise Physiology concentration is intended for those students wishing to pursue graduate level study in the physiological bases of human performance.
Exercise Physiology Concentration Courses
KIN 514 Laboratory Methods
KIN 523 Seminar in Exercise Physiology
KIN 524 Applied Biomechanics
KIN 598 Capstone Research Experience -OR-
KIN 599 Thesis Research
The admission requirements for the Master of Science in Kinesiology program are as follows:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university of recognized standing with at least a 2.75 overall GPA
- A Current Resume
- A Statement of Professional Intent
The Statement of Professional Intent should provide a sample of the applicant's writing style and ability. It should be 2-3 pages, double-spaced, and is expected to be well organized, clearly written, and error free. It should include an introduction, responses to the three questions below, and a conclusion:
- Why do you want to pursue this degree?
- What related qualifications and/or experiences do you bring to the program?
- What are your career goals after completing the program
Students with undergraduate GPA lower than 3.0 are required to submit 2 letters of recommendation from professors in their major and/or their academic advisor
- Resumes, Statements, and Letters of Recommendation (if below a 3.0) should be emailed to email@example.com and should include the full name of the applicant along with their WKU Student ID (if known)
Please note. The GRE will no longer be required for the Kinesiology Graduate program (Exercise Physiology)
For inquiries about the Kinesiology program, please contact:
Students wishing to apply for a graduate assistant position must the following materials:
- Completed KRS Graduate Assistantship Application
- Cover Letter
- Resume (include 3 references)
All materials must be submitted electronically to Dr. Brad Stinnett. Applications are sure no later than March 15th for committee review. Successful applicants will be contacted by April 15th. All applicants will receive a decision notification by April 30th.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,