The purpose of the Radiation Safety Program at Western Kentucky University is to ensure the safe handling, transport, use, and disposal of radiological materials. The RSO is charged with enforcement of all written directives of the Radiation Safety Committee and oversight of the safe and legal use of radioactive sources.
The Radiation Safety Area overview:
- Radiation Safety Committee/Radiation Contacts - Contact information for Western's RSO (Radiation Safety Officer) and members of the Radiation Safety Committee
- Radiation Training - Radiation training request
- Radiation Forms - Online forms pertaining to radiation safety
- Emergency Information - Procedural information on handling materials spills
- Regulatory Links - Quick links to state and federal Regulations
- Laser Safety - WKU Laser Safety Manual
Radiation Safety Documents:
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,