Chinese Language Immersion House
The Chinese Language Immersion House, founded in 2015, is a WKU housing option geared towards students interested in an immersive living-learning language environment. By living in the House, residents will develop communication skills in both academic and daily life settings through organized activities, informal daily contacts, and House events.
These same residents have the opportunity to develop leadership skills as Chinese Cultural Ambassadors (CCA) to current and prospective WKU students in one of three areas: Recruitment, Campus Involvement, and Community Development.
- Community Advisor Position
- Recruitment Ambassador
- Campus Involvement Ambassador
- Community Development Ambassador
To live in the House residents must:
- Have achieved an Intermediate Mid Language level (ACTFL) prior to moving into the House
- Have completed 24 hours of WKU credit prior to move-in
- Uphold their language pledge within the House.
- Attend and participate in the CCA training workshop in August
- Attend a house-wide, bi-weekly meeting
- Attend functional area meetings as scheduled
- Be present at the House and, as an ambassador, within the WKU Chinese speaking community
For More Information, Questions, or to Request a Tour:
Contact: Sara Moody, Program Coordinator, at 270-745-2763 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,