|Date: Monday, August 1st, 2011||Return to Archive|
Members of the CHHS family have recently had articles or books published. Here are a few
Dr. Sherry Lovan (Associate Professor in the School of Nursing)
- Lovan, S. R. (2010). Student Empathy: A Learning Experience. Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping, 16(4), 60-64.
- Catlett, S., & Lovan, S. R. (2011). Being a Good Nurse and Doing the Right Thing: A Replication Study, Nursing Ethics, 18, 54-63.
Dr. Sherry Lovan and Dr. Susan Jones (Professor in the School of Nursing)
- Lovan, S. R. & Jones, S. M. (2011). Occupational health assessment: A tool for nursing faculty. The Journal of Nursing Education, 50(8), 487.
Ms. Sheila Flener (Instructor in Family and Consumer Sciences)
- Sidney’s Bedtime Stories
Mr. Travis Wilson (Associate Professor in Family and Consumer Sciences)
- Drafting and Design
Dr. Cathy Hoots Abell (Coordinator of the RN to BSN Program) and Dr. Dawn Garrett-Wright (Coordinator of the Prelicensure BSN Program)
- Using YouTube to Bridge the Gap Between Baby Boomers and Millennials, Journal of Nursing Education
Dr. Beverly Siegrist (Professor in the School of Nursing), Dr. Dawn Garrett-Wright Coordinator of the Prelicensure BSN Program), and Dr. Cathy Abell (Coordinator of the RN to BSN Program)
- Poster Presentations as a Teaching Strategy in Web-Based Courses, Nursing Education Perspectives
Western Kentucky University’s (WKU) Department of Public Health is now offering a Joint Undergraduate Master’s Program, JUMP-MHA.
The Institute for Rural Health (IRH) in the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) received a $50,000 grant from the Good Samaritan Foundation Inc., a ministry of the Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Kelsey Bullock, a graduate student in the Master of Science in Environmental and Occupational Health Science, will intern with the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,