|Date: Monday, August 1st, 2011||Return to Archive|
Members of the CHHS family have recently had articles or books published. Here are a few
Dr. Sherry Lovan (Associate Professor in the School of Nursing)
- Lovan, S. R. (2010). Student Empathy: A Learning Experience. Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping, 16(4), 60-64.
- Catlett, S., & Lovan, S. R. (2011). Being a Good Nurse and Doing the Right Thing: A Replication Study, Nursing Ethics, 18, 54-63.
Dr. Sherry Lovan and Dr. Susan Jones (Professor in the School of Nursing)
- Lovan, S. R. & Jones, S. M. (2011). Occupational health assessment: A tool for nursing faculty. The Journal of Nursing Education, 50(8), 487.
Ms. Sheila Flener (Instructor in Family and Consumer Sciences)
- Sidney’s Bedtime Stories
Mr. Travis Wilson (Associate Professor in Family and Consumer Sciences)
- Drafting and Design
Dr. Cathy Hoots Abell (Coordinator of the RN to BSN Program) and Dr. Dawn Garrett-Wright (Coordinator of the Prelicensure BSN Program)
- Using YouTube to Bridge the Gap Between Baby Boomers and Millennials, Journal of Nursing Education
Dr. Beverly Siegrist (Professor in the School of Nursing), Dr. Dawn Garrett-Wright Coordinator of the Prelicensure BSN Program), and Dr. Cathy Abell (Coordinator of the RN to BSN Program)
- Poster Presentations as a Teaching Strategy in Web-Based Courses, Nursing Education Perspectives
The Family and Consumer Sciences department at WKU is pleased to announce that it has received notice that the Interior Design Bachelor of Science degree has been granted accreditation by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Dr. Scott Lyons, Director of the School of Kinesiology, Recreation & Sport (KRS) at Western Kentucky University, was recently recognized by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as a new Fellow of the College.
On Thursday, November 17th, students from the Department of Public Health in the College of Health and Human Services once again brought global health issues to the attention of the university community as part of International Education Week (IEW).
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,