Expectations of Participants
Faculty members who are selected to take part in the Zuheir Sofia Endowed International Faculty Seminar will be expected to participate in the following ways:
- Contribute to the ZSEIFS itinerary by developing contacts and helping to secure plans for meetings/events/activities while in-country that would meet both my own professional development goals and the objectives of the ZSEIFS;
- Attend all bi-monthly preparatory meetings and sessions during Spring semester leading up to the Seminar. A schedule of meeting dates and times will be provided to each participant by OIP upon announcing selections (no later than start of winter term);
- Complete all assignments and activities related to preparatory meetings by deadlines indicated.
- Participate in all activities and events unless prevented by illness or injury.
- Complete End of Seminar report (which will be posted on the OIP website) by no less than 60 days after the Seminar's conclusion; outlining the general outcomes of the seminar and specifically how I plan to include the target/country in my teaching and advising, as well as potential inclusion in new research;
- Add substantial target-country content into courses taught as proposed;
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the IYO program in at least two (2) of the following ways:
- Lead a faculty-led study abroad program to the target region/country;
- Conduct and present on research related to target region/country;
- Coordinate and carry out at least two events (one of which must occur during International Education Week) in the following academic year with the intention of engaging one or more of the following groups: faculty, staff, students or community;
- Assist in the hosting of guests related to IYO program.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ECUADOR 2014
- Must be able to walk two (2) miles within 30 minutes without stopping.
NOTE: When applying for the ZSEIFS, you must acknowledge you can perform the physical requirements. Should a faculty member fail to complete any of the afore-mentioned requirements, OIP reserves the right to terminate their participation in the Seminar and/or withdraw all funding.