- Field Work
- Field Experience FAQ
- Field Work Requirements
- KFETS Fieldwork How to Videos
- Faculty Reference For Field Hours (pdf)
Teacher Services Search:
Press Enter to Search
Beginning with the Spring 2014 semester, the Educational Professional Standards Board (EPSB) required that all education majors who will be student teaching that semester or after must have 200 verified hours of appropriate field experiences. In order to track and document these hours, all universities in the state of Kentucky must use the new EPSB system, KFETS (Kentucky Field Experience Tracking System), as of the Fall 2014 semester. The Office of Teacher Services will still be entering field hours we receive in the CEBS E-PASS Portfolio System so that students can track the total we have on file.
**Please check your electronic portfolio for the number of hours we have before contacting us.**
In order to comply with state regulations, you will need to do the following at the end of each semester in which you had required field observations:
- Enter your hours and data into the KFETS system
- Print the Detailed Summary Sheet after you have entered all field hours for that course.
- Submit the Detailed Summary Sheet to your instructor with your Field Experience Forms.
- Your instructor will verify that the hours on your KFETS are accurately entered from the data on your Field Experience Forms.
- Once verified, your instructor will sign the KFETS form and submit to Teacher Services. They may or may not also submit your Field Experience Forms. If so, we will keep them in your file in Teacher Services.
- After all hours have been recorded in your file, Teacher Services will enter them into your CEBS E-PASS electronic portfolio.
We must have the signed KFETS Detailed Summary form by the Friday before Final Exam week each semester.
Students must keep copies of all student fieldwork forms.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,