- We do not have any bike rentals for the summer.
- We will begin renting bikes for the Fall Semester on August 25th, 2015. Hours open are: Monday -Thursday 8:00 A.M - 12:30 P.M
- WE ARE CLOSED ON FRIDAY'S.
- WKU Big Red Bikes seeks to make bicycling more accessible at WKU by providing free, refurbished bicycles at no cost to WKU students, staff, and faculty.
- The bicycles can be checked-out for a period of one week and renewed (for a rental period of 14 days at a time) from:
- The Office of Sustainability located at 503 Regents Avenue, beside Gary Ransdell Hall. Helmets and locks are also available. Please bring your WKU ID. Per this is a bike sharing program, we do not rent for the whole semester.
- Big Red Bikes is a GreenToppers project and is housed by the Office of Sustainability and receives funding support from the Parents Advisory Council and Department of Parking and Transportation and the Outdoor Recreation and Activities Center.
- In 2011, Big Red Bikes received the Paula Nye Memorial Education Grant from the Kentucky Bicycle and Bikeways Commission with funds generated from the “Share
the Road” license plates, which allowed for significant upgrade to the mechanic shop
and expansion of the program. The grant was written by WKU Alum and past Big Red Bikes
Coordinator, Nick Asher.
- In 2013, Big Red Bikes received a second grant from the Paula Nye Memorial Education Fund from the Kentucky Bicycle and Bikeways Commision. Funds are generated from the "Share the Road" licence plates. This grant will be used for expanding the mechanic shop, getting awareness out about bicycling, and by adding two fix-it bike stations on campus. The grant was written by WKU student and Big Red Bikes Coordinator, Madonna L. May.
- Big Red Bikes have installed two bike fix-it stands on the WKU campus. One is located at south campus off Campbell Lane, and the other is located at the Creason Lot. Both stations are near BG Greenways and are ready for use. The bike stations were made possible with funds from the Paula Nye Memorial Grant.
|Big Red Bikes Coordinator is Madonna Manco May. Contact her at: email@example.com 270-535-0995 or Madonna.firstname.lastname@example.org We don't have any bikes for summer. Check back in August for updates.||
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,