Students are encouraged to take their developmental classes early and be right on schedule with their classmates for the fall.
2013 SUMMER EARLY ENTRY
The Council on Postsecondary Education now requires all incoming freshmen to begin taking necessary developmental course work within their first semester of attendance.
So why not take the classes you need early and be right on schedule with your classmates in the fall!
Plus, taking courses in the summer gives you special benefits, such as free tutoring, accessible computer labs, structured study groups, and the ability to get to know the campus, your classmates, and what it's like to be in college before everyone else!
- Developmental courses will be offered during the 5-week session (Monday – Friday), July 8 through August 8, 2013, at WKU’s South Campus.
• Fundamentals of Composition (DENG 055C)For students with English ACT scores below 16
Intensive course in the basic mechanics of writing, reading, and grammar, designed to prepare students for college-level work in English.
• College Reading Strategies (DRDG 080C)For students with Reading ACT below 18
Preparation for reading at the college level. Emphasis is given to vocabulary recognition, comprehension, inference, and differentiation of reading requirements as related to different courses.
• Intermediate Algebra (DMA 096C)ACT scores and Math Placement scores are required
• General Math (MA 109C)ACT scores and Math Placement scores are required
Students are encouraged to take 2 courses.