The Department of Psychological Sciences offers a Joint Undergraduate-Masters Program (JUMP) for highly qualified students. We are the only department in the state of Kentucky to offer this unique, accelerated program in the discipline of psychology.
In this five-year course of study, students will earn a Bachelor of Science in Psychological Sciences and a Master of Science in Psychology. JUMP students take undergraduate coursework that is applied to the undergraduate degree and graduate coursework that can be applied to both the undergraduate and graduate degrees. This program provides highly qualified students with an excellent opportunity for accelerated study.
To be eligible to apply, students:
• Must have completed or be currently enrolled in 16 credit hours in Psychological Science, including PSYS 100, PSYS 210/211, and PSYS 313, or the equivalent of these classes.
• Should have at least a 3.5 GPA overall and at least a 3.5 GPA in the Psychological Science major.
Admission is competitive and a limited number of applicants will be accepted.
Ideally students will apply after the completion of 45 hours but before the completion of 65 hours of undergraduate credit. Students must submit:
• JUMP Application Form, which includes a list of possible mentors from the Department of Psychological Sciences that the student has spoken to about the JUMP program in advance of the application deadline
• 1000-word personal statement describing professional interests and career goals
• One letter of recommendation
All application materials should be submitted to the JUMP advisor, Dr. Andrew Mienaltowski. Dr Mienaltowski can also help if you have questions about the application process (email@example.com). The application deadline for Spring 2016 is March 1, 2016.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,