Duke Talent Identification Program (TIP) Kentucky Recognition Ceremony at WKU
|Date: Monday, April 25th, 2011||Return to Archive|
The Center for Gifted Studies will host the Duke TIP Kentucky Recognition Ceremony on Friday, May 27. The day’s events will begin at 11 a.m. (CDT) in the Downing University Center Theater with an informational session on the summer opportunities available for TIP awardees at The Center. There are still openings in this summer’s Summer Camp for Academically Talented Middle School Students (SCATS). At 12:30 p.m. there will be campus tours available. Students (and parents) interested in participating should meeting at the entrance of the Raymond B. Preston Health and Activities Center. The Recognition Ceremony will be held in Diddle Arena at 2:00 p.m. The speaker will be U.S. Representative Brett Guthrie (2nd- KY).
The Duke TIP 7th Grade Talent Search identifies students in 16 states in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest who have scored in the 95th percentile on a grade-level achievement test. These academically talented students are invited to take off-level testing in the form of the ACT or SAT. Those with qualifying scores receive recognition and have many opportunities open to them.
This year, of the over 63,000 national participants, 24,847 students have been invited to attend State Recognition Ceremonies and 2,085 students have been invited to the Grand Recognition Ceremony. More than 1,500 Kentucky students will be honored at the event on Western’s campus. For more information on scores and opportunities, for to www.tip.duke.edu.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Make this year's spring break memorable by having fun and staying safe. Below is a guide to help you make safe choices during spring break.
Banishing belly fat and taking back your health, while eating the foods you love. 5 calorie-saving tips.
Around 300 students visited the spring 2014 Study Abroad Fair in MMTH to learn how they could earn credit on education abroad programs offered through WKU.